Smart Innovation is Scion DTU’s project for the effective exchange of knowledge with product development in small and mid-size businesses (SME’s) in Region Hovedstaden. Through Smart Innovation, your business develops a high technology concept or prototype in close collaboration with researchers from DTU.
The process is supported on an ongoing basis by Scion DTU’s innovation consultants and business advisers, who assist the businesses in achieving commercial success.
The project runs from October 2015 to August 2018 and there is room for 68 businesses from Region Hovedstaden (Capital Region). The first 34 companies will be accepted so that their projects run from October 2015 to August 2016.
As a participating business in Smart Innovation you get:
- A solid and proven platform to achieve a great collaboration with DTU
- 400 hours of targeted advice from researchers from DTU
- Specialist business advice that ensures the commercial use of the advice received
Through Smart Innovation, your business also has the opportunity to achieve the following:
- The development of new products or prototypes
- Further development of existing products
- New market opportunities
- Strengthened innovation abilities
- Supply of external financing
- Access to experienced business and management skills
- Organisational anchoring of new knowledge in the business
- Co-financing (read more)
- Contributes with a minimum of 615 hours of product development
- Contributes with a minimum of 185 hours of business development distributed over at least two employees and preferably more
- Works within hardware and/or within field areas such as Smart (internet of things, big data), Green or Health
- Is already on the market with one or more products
- Is at least 3-5 years old
- Most likely has a minimum of 8-10 full-time employees
- Participates with at least 2-4 employees on management level, who put in hours in the demanding product and business development progress (CEO, CTO, COO, product manager, business developer or chief engineer etc.). Student hours do not count as part of the financing